I’m an experienced, innovative, collaborative business leader with a proven track record of developing and driving new business strategies, building great teams, and creating new products to drive business growth.
Contact leezukor (at) hotmail (dot) com.
SportsEngine, Minneapolis, MN
December 2016 – NOW
VP of Product and UX
Bluestem Brands, Minneapolis, MN
September 2011 – December 2016
VP of eCommerce, Product, and UX
Responsible for creating and operating the eCommerce Product teams at Bluestem Brands. Accountable for ~$20M budget for web, mobile/mobile app, and eCommerce platform support and improvements across 16 brands. Direct responsibility for a team of 55 employees reporting to the COO. Key accomplishments so far:
- Co-designed our Agile Product and eCom organization and built the team from the ground up.
- Co-led the successful effort to build a responsive, micro-services eCommerce platform to support all 16 Bluestem Brands. Completed in less than 18 months.
- Drove mobile strategy and delivered multiple apps.
- Implemented hack-a-thons, “Fight Club,” annual Retrospective of Retrospectives, and more to drive an innovative, collaborative culture.
Director of eCommerce Product Management
Responsible for $3.5M budget for web improvements and delivering digital strategy (product management, web and mobile technology, APIs) across three brands. Direct responsibility for a team of 15 employees and contractors reporting to the VP of eCommerce. Key accomplishments:
- Created and staffed our UX team and capability.
- Defined and implemented new promotions processes to leverage segmentation capabilities.
- Drove the development and delivery of “Smart Living,” a new content website to drive customer engagement.
Simple, Good, and Tasty, Minneapolis, MN
August 2009 – September 2011
President, Founder, Owner
Founder and owner of web-based local food business with full responsibility for P&L, business strategy, and development. Consulted with local food and government organizations on projects related to food, sustainability, eCommerce, and social media strategy. Grew the team to 10 writers, designers, and developers before selling the company for a profit in 2011. Key accomplishments:
- Created and grew web-based local food business.
- Achieved profitability in 12 months through direct ad sales, strategic partnerships, classes, events, and unique membership/loyalty program.
- Sold the business for a profit.
Bewiki, Minneapolis, MN
August 2008 – August 2009
Vice President, Product Development
Responsible for delivery of Angel-funded website focused on creating “smart RSS feeds” for power users. Hired to complete product development and launch an innovative product that had stalled after 2 years and $2M; launched the product in <4 months. Direct responsibility for work with agency and technology/web development partners. Key accomplishments:
- Established and delivered on 12 month product roadmap to meet key objectives.
- Met with investors to provide quarterly updates.
- Developed and implemented content strategy, including blog and social media.
Target.com, Minneapolis. MN
September 2007 – August 2008
Manager, Site Experience Team
Responsible for Target.com and Target Mobile’s 3-year digital product vision and roadmap, collaborating with more than 50 stakeholders from multiple departments to lay the groundwork for rebuilding Target.com in-house. Direct responsibility for 10 employees.
Wize.com, Minneapolis, MN and San Mateo, CA
July 2006 – September 2007
Chief Experience Officer
Launched Angel-funded website focused on aggregating user and expert reviews to help people decide what to buy. Implemented user experience and marketing strategies that helped lead to VC funding 4 months after launch. Responsible for 15 contractors. Wize was sold to NexTag in 2011.
Accenture, Minneapolis, MN
June 2004 – July 2006
Best Buy, Richfield, MN
July 1997 – June 2004
ValueRx, Plymouth, MN
May 1996 – June 1997
United HealthGroup, Golden Valley, MN
February 1994 – May 1996
Boston University, Boston, MA
University of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Creative Good Executive Council
Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association (MIMA)
Renewing the Countryside Board member
Right to Know Minnesota Board member