I like lots of things! Here are a few.
Content I Like
- Each day I get newsletters from The New York Times, The Skimm, Recode, The StarTribune, Morning Brew, Marketing Brew, Robinhood Snacks, Seth Godin, and a few others. Some days I even read them! On weekends I always read the Weekly Thing.
- I love listening to books on Audible and podcasts like Pivot, The Daily, Revisionist History, The Moth, Serial, Freakonomics, and more.
Books I Like
- Creativity Inc., by Ed Catmull
- No Rules Rules, by Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer
- Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- How, by Dov Seidman
- The Culture Code, by Daniel Coyle
- Stumbling on Happiness, by Daniel Gilbert
- Being Mortal, by Atul Gawande
- Setting the Table, by Danny Meyer
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things, by Ben Horowitz
Food I Like
- There are lots of excellent restaurants in the Twin Cities that focus on sustainable, local food. Some of my favorites are The Birchwood Cafe, Restaurant and Cafe Alma, Brasa, and Common Roots. Please seek out these kinds of places in your communities.
- My family is eating less meat these days. There are lots of great reasons why, including health benefits, environmental benefits, and existential benefits related to the way we treat animals.